Thursday, March 15, 2012

RECIPE: Carrot Spice Smoothie

Yes, I am branching out and making smoothies with different vegetables ... This time I tried a carrot. Guess what? We both LOVED it! I have seen a few recipes with carrots, so I did my own experimenting and this is what I came up with ...
CARROT SPICE SMOOTHIE
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond milk (I'm sure Coconut milk would be great, too!)
1/2 cup ZOI unsweetened vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 large Carrot
1 Banana
1 teaspoon Agave
1 tablespoon unsweetened grated coconut
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spices (or some combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and/or cloves will do!)
6 Ice Cubes
DIRECTIONS:
1. Wash and peel a large carrot then cut it into chunks.
2. Put ingredients in a blender. 
3. Blend until smooth and creamy.

4. Pour. Serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment