Wednesday, March 28, 2012

RECIPE: Stuffed Zucchini

It's been a hectic day, but I still wanted to prepare a nice meal for us. I was a bit ahead of the game because I prepped a pork tenderloin yesterday afternoon and let it marinate all night and all day today. I'll add that recipe shortly, but I wanted to add this one before I forget what I did, since I didn't write it down!
STUFFED ZUCCHINI
INGREDIENTS:
2 medium sized Zucchini
2 large White Mushrooms
1/4 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
grated Parmesan Cheese
Italian Seasoning (I used Wildtree Italian Herb Blend)
Sea Salt
Pepper
 ... And after thought ... I added mushrooms!
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking dish with foil.
3. Wash zucchini and cut them in half lengthwise.
4. Using a melon baller, scoop out the insides of the zucchini, reserving the scooped out goodness.
5. In a food processor, pulse the reserved zucchini pieces a few times until you have chunks. Repeat with the mushrooms.

6. In a medium sized bowl, add zucchini bits, mushrooms, sea salt, pepper, italian seasonings, 1 tablespoon parmesan, and red sauce. Stir well.
7. Place zucchini "boats" in the foil lined pan and scoop mixture into them, using all the mixture.


8. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and return to oven for 5 more minutes.
10. Remove from oven. Plate. Serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment