Sunday, June 30, 2013

RECIPE: Paleo Snickerdoodles

I've been doing darned good for quite a while eating extremely low carb while following my Paleo Lifestyle plan, but today ... Today I craved something warm, chewy and a little sweet. I remember seeing a recipe I pinned on Pinterest ... Paleo Snickerdoodles. I tracked it back to where it was originally pinned from ... UrbanposerI had to make a couple of minor adjustments, and they are DELICIOUS!! I was afraid Conrad and I would eat them all before they ever cooled down! Yes, they are THAT GOOD!



INGREDIENTS:
2 cups Almond Meal (The recipe calls for blanched, fine ground almond flour)
1/4 t. Sea Salt (Slightly less, actually)
1/4 t. Baking Soda
5 tablespoons Coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup Organic honey
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
For Coating:
2 tablespoons Palm Sugar (The recipe suggested Raw Coconut Crystals)
2 tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients, then mix in the wet ingredients.
3. Using a spoon, take 1″ round balls of dough and roll them in coating.
4. Place on a prepared baking sheet, and flatten. I used my fingers, but you could use the bottom of a cup. (I used a Silpat for even baking and no sticking.)
5. Bake at 350 Degrees for 11 minutes. (The recipe suggested 8-9 minutes, but mine weren't quite done enough at 9 minutes. Must have been the almond meal that made the difference.)  Allow to cool on pan, they will firm up to the perfect texture when cooled.



For more information about Palm Sugar please click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment