Saturday, June 29, 2013

RECIPE: Almond and Rosemary Crusted Chicken

I bought some chicken breasts the other day and I really needed to use them, plus I was at a loss as to what to fix for dinner, so I got creative ... I love rosemary, I love almond, and I love chicken, so it seemed a natural fit to make something using all three.

Ingredients:
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup almond meal
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts


Instructions:


  1. Beat egg  in a shallow bowl. Set aside.
  2. Place almond meal on a plate.
  3. Heat olive oil in pan, coating pan with oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary.
  4. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then pat moistened chicken in nut flour.
  5. Coat chicken with flour on both sides. For thicker coating, repeat above procedure.
  6. Sprinkle chicken breasts with more salt, pepper and rosemary. Cover.
  7. Cook until lightly golden brown, then turn and repeat. Unfortunately, I didn't time it, but I'm guessing roughly 5 minutes per side. Cut into the center of one breast to make sure they're done. (No pink!)





No comments:

Post a Comment