Saturday, May 19, 2012

RECIPE: Bartlett Pear Salad

The other night we had good friends over for dinner. I made a dish with the following ingredients, but the outcome was a bit different. Both ways were excellent, and I will prepare both again, but this was was a bit 'lazier' than the other because rather than layering the ingredients, I mixed them all together and made a salad. It was go good I literally licked the bowl!
INGREDIENTS:
1 ripe Bartlett pear
1 package Pancetta cubes (4 ounces)
2 ounces Chevre (goat cheese) with honey
1 tablespoon Honey
Freshly cracked Pepper

DIRECTIONS:
1. Brown pancetta cubes in a frying pan until brown. Drain. I put the cooked crumbles on a couple of paper towels to absorb the excess grease.
2. Wash and cut the pair into bite-sized pieces, removing the core.
3. Place the cut up pear, the cooled pancetta and Chevre crumbles in a bowl and toss lightly. 

4. Drizzle honey and pepper and mix lightly again.
5. Serve. Enjoy!
**Note: I was hungry and ate every bite of this delicious concoction immediately. I can imagine it would be devine if allowed to chill in the fridge for a while before serving!

No comments:

Post a Comment