Friday, July 19, 2013

Hiking - Rubicon Trail: D.L.Bliss to Vikingsholm and Back - July 19, 2013

So, Peggy has been telling us how beautiful the trail is to Vikingsholm from DL Bliss State park. We finally got our schedules coordinated and we went! Absolutely breathtaking! I must admit, most of my photos look a little "dreamy" because I accidentally had my camera is some funky setting. I didn't realize it until it was too late because I was wearing polarized sunglasses ... Duh! Anyway, we had a wonderful time in a magnificent place! 

 Me and the girls ... Lynn, Peggy and Gail!






 An eagles nest!











 This is a Thimbleberry. The ripened fruit is red and it is edible. The plant looks like grapevines with strawberry blossoms ... Quite interesting!
 A Sierra Tiger Lily
Oxeye Daisy
 Someone go creative and made this enormous rock look like a critter! A shark, perhaps?


 The Life.
 I took the following photos with my iPhone, so hopefully their color will be more true.







 Vikingsholm. What an amazing place!

To learn more about Vikingsholm click  HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment