Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 - Another New Year

2013 - Happy New Year, Everyone!!

Well, another year came and went at lightning speed. I'm not sure how that happens, but I wish time would slow down some! I started 2012 off with lots and lots of recipes on my blog, then got super busy with life. I did try lots of new recipes, but I'm yet to post them. Look for those to be added soon!

Part of the reason I've not posted anything during the past few months is because my dad is quite ill and is going through treatment for cancer. Dad is 88 years old and has always been my rock ... My hero. Seeing him go through all of this has been an eye opener for our family. I've been doing research to find the best healing and preventative foods, so look for upcoming recipes using those foods. 

Not only has our family been dealing with cancer, but both of my parents suffer from chronic indigestion and acid reflux. Mom went to the doctor today after a bout with shooting chest pains. The doctor suggested she resume taking her OTC antacid. I'm not buying that ... She needs to adjust her diet. So, I'm also going to use a lot of low-acid-producing foods, as well. 

You know what? I think this is going to be an exciting, interesting challenge! Please follow along as we journey down this healing road together!

No comments:

Post a Comment