Monday, February 27, 2012

RECIPE: Strawberry Banana Smoothie

I bought a huge package of beautiful strawberries at the market, so I decided to use some in another smoothie this morning. I'm varying my ingredients to get a better idea of what I like and what I don't. I will admit during my "Smoothie Month" I have made a couple of smoothies that aren't going to be posted here ... One was so bad I took one sip and poured it out! Maybe someday I'll blog about that one, but not right now. :) Here's what I made this morning and it was very much like a strawberry banana milkshake.
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
INGREDIENTS
1 cup Whole Milk
1/2 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 banana
8 fresh Strawberries
6 - 8 Walnut halves
6 Ice Cubes

 DIRECTIONS:
1. Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.

 2. Pour. Serve. Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Yogurt and milk is not Paleo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kt,
      As I have mentioned before, my version of Paleo EXCLUDES anything from the sea (except salt) and INCLUDES dairy. I figure if I'm going to eat beef, I may as well eat products made from cows milk. Besides, my husband is Swiss ... Cheese is a food group in our house!

      Delete