Thursday, February 23, 2012

TRAVEL: Gone to Tennessee!

From Wednesday, February 15 - Wednesday, February 22, 2012 we were in Tennessee checking on my parents and visiting with friends. Adding to PaleoMermaid wasn't really easy since my parents don't have wireless internet, so I decided to wait till we got home to add anything new. 
One evening while we were in Tennessee we ate at Cocoa Moon on Market Square in downtown Knoxville. There were 16 of us seated at a very long table. It was difficult talking with everyone, as it was rather loud in there, but we made it work and we all agreed we had a blast. 
Following the Paleo Lifestyle while traveling is sometimes challenging, but we were able to find a couple of items on their menu that fit the bill.
I ordered an Asian Salad with walnuts, blue cheese crumbles and mandarine oranges ... 
 Conrad ordered also ordered an Asian Salad, but obviously quite different from the one I ordered. His was covered with a most excellent grilled chicken that was more than he could eat. Since my salad was strictly vegetables and fruit, I volunteered to not let his extra chicken go to waste. :)
After dinner we celebrated birthdays. Four members of our party had birthdays in February, so it seemed like a great time to celebrate. Our dear friend Diane ordered a luscious Red Velvet Cake from Party Perfect-ions in Maryville, Tennessee. I went to school with Dena Kyle and she does AMAZING work with cakes! She made a BEAUTIFUL cake for me last February, and I am forever grateful! This was also FANTASTIC also! 



Not Paleo, but sometimes ya just have to bend the rules! 
(For the record, Conrad and I shared a piece and didn't even clean our plate ... Not because it wasn't good ...  It was FANTASTIC ... We just ran out of room!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment