Wednesday, February 29, 2012

RECIPE: Strawberry Banana Spinach Smoothie

One thing I must say ... When I have a smoothie packed with fresh fruits and spinach I usually do not feel the slightest bit hungry until late in the afternoon. That is one of the most important things I have discovered while doing "Smoothie Month" and I wanted to share. I start thinking about preparing dinner and I feel like I've had a surprising amount of fruits and vegetables already during the day. That's a very good feeling!
I thought I'd end the month (Happy Leap Day, everyone!!) with one of my favorite smoothies. I will continue to explore and post smoothies, so don't anyone get upset. :)
STRAWBERRY BANANA SPINACH SMOOTHIE
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1/2 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 banana
6 fresh Strawberries
1/2 cup frozen Blueberries
1 teaspoon organic Agave
6 - 8 Walnut halves
6 Ice Cubes
2 - 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach



DIRECTIONS:
1. Add all ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
2.  Pour. Serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment