Friday, April 20, 2012

NUTRITION: PaleoPax

I noticed an advertisement for Paleo Pax on Facebook a couple of weeks ago, so I thought I'd give it a try. For a set amount you get a shipment each month with new products enclosed. The price ranges from $20.00 per month when purchasing by the month or less, if you agree to monthly deliveries for extended periods of time.
My first box arrived today. It was the smallest USPS box which is suitable for paperback books, DVDs, and VHS tapes. There were five samples inside, along with cards describing the products.
I have only tried one item so far, but I will list them all now and edit this entry as I try each one. I'm going to give you my honest opinion of each item.
The first one I tried was the Primal Pacs Sample. (See below)
The package is marked "Beef" and is said to contain dried fruit, raw nuts, grass fed jerky, no preservatives, no dairy, no grains, and no gluten. A normal serving is one package, but contents of this package was clearly a sample sized serving, so the nutritional information would not be correct for the sample.
440 calories
26 grams protein
37 grams fat
14 grams carbs
110 grams net weight
This sample was extremely flavorful and left my mouth watering for more. I'd definitely eat this again! I tasted beef, mangoes, cranberries and macadamia nuts seasoned with garlic, salt and pepper, along with their "Other secret spices" ... Nice job, guys!

The other items included were:
Mrs. May's Naturals "Mango"
Willamette Valley Fruit Snack Bar "Marionberry"
Paleo Treats Rations for the Driven "Cookie Mac Attack!"
Green Tara Spirulina Crunchies

Stay tuned to find out what I think of these!


No comments:

Post a Comment