Friday, April 20, 2012

RECIPE: Lemon Bar Cake (Not Paleo)

Okay, so we are hosting a gathering of divers in July, so I'm trying out recipes well in advance. I know, I know ... Just a wee bit ahead of myself, aren't I? Well, I'm like that! I've already made several decisions and we haven't even decided on the date yet! I LOVE to entertain, and I'm told I throw a helluva party, so we shall see! Either way, I'll be blogging as I try recipes. I'm all about simple, flavorful, WOW recipes!
So, my first attempt is for a quick and easy dessert. Granted, it's not Paleo, but I figured one or two dishes to satiate sugar cravings might not be such a bad idea. Well, it just doesn't get any easier that this recipe, I assure you! After all, how can you top TWO ingredients???
LEMON BAR CAKE
INGREDIENTS:
1 Box Angel Food Cake Mix
1 can Lemon Pie Filling (15 ounce)
Powdered Sugar for dusting
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter a 9X13 pan.
3. Mix angel food cake mix and lemon pie filling together, but don't over-mix them.
4. Pour batter into pan, spreading evenly, then bake for 20 - 30 minutes depending on your oven. 25 minutes was perfect in my oven.
5. Let cool completely. If you'd like, sprinkle a little powdered sugar on it while it's cooling. 
6. Cut. Serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment