3 Eggs, separated
3 tablespoon Cream Cheese
1/4 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
1 packet SteviaDIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Separate eggs very carefully - There must be no yolk in the white.
3. In a bowl, mix together egg yolks, cream cheese and stevia.
4. In another bowl add cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat on high speed until they are fluffy and form peaks.
5. Very carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed. You want the mixture to remain fluffy, so don't stir too much.
6. Grease a large cookie sheet.
7. With a large spoon, "scoop" the mixture into 12 even rounds on the sheet. They will be the approximate size of a hamburger bun.
8. Bake on the middle rack for approximately 30 minutes. Check on them to make sure they become nice and golden brown.
9. Remove from the pans and cool on a rack or cutting board.
*While warm they are crumbly and similar to cooked meringue - but don't let this fool you! Once completely cool, seal them in a ziplock storage baggie or a tupperware over night. They will totally change their consistency, to something much more like bread - a softer texture that is nice and chewy. If you do not like softer chewy bread, then eat them as they are, nice and crisp.
**Since the sides that were facing the pan are perfectly flat, you use these to spread things on, or make sandwiches, or even as a burger bun! The choice is up to you, and you will be quite amazed at how much like a bun these really are!