1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 large bunches of Broccoli
1 large bunch of Asparagus
6 cups Spinach
6 cups organic Chicken Broth (I substituted Wildtree Chicken Bouillon Soup Base and water)
1. Wash and chop vegetables.
2. Put olive oil in a large deep soup pot, turning heat to medium-high.
3. Put asparagus in the pot and allow the pieces to soften. Watch and stir often, as you don't want the asparagus to brown.
4. Add broccoli pieces all at one time. Allow them to soften - about 2 - 4 minutes.
5. Add 2 cups of organic Chicken Broth and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add remaining chicken broth and cook another 5 minutes.
7. Add all the spinach and cook an additional 3 - 5 minutes.
8. Turn flame/heat off and add sea salt and pepper to taste.
9. Transfer the soup into a blender (2 cups at a time) and puree soup. Pour pureed soup into a large pot and continue until all the soup has been pureed.
10. Taste. Season, as needed. Other seasonings may be added, but it's recommended to add any extra seasoning per bowl rather than seasoning the entire batch.
Serve and enjoy!
The photo below has been added since the original post. I just wanted to show the soup with our dinner the following evening. Left over Vegetable Breakfast Casserole, a baked acorn squash and a steamed artichoke. Yes, we're definitely eating our veggies! (Dessert was blueberry sorbet!)
**This soup freezes well and can be doubled. Be sure to cool completely before storing it in containers.