Wednesday, March 7, 2012

RECIPE: Powerhouse Fruit and Nut Snack Mix

I LOVE nuts and I LOVE dried fruit, so it's only natural that I combine the two with some seasonings. So, I measured and mixed and seasoned and tasted and came up with something pretty darned good! 
INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup Walnuts
1/4 cup Pecans
1/4 cup Macadamia nuts
1/4 cup Almonds
1/4 cup dried Cranberries
1/4 cup dried Blueberries
1/4 cup dried Apricots (cut into chunks)
1/4 cup Carob chips
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Powder
1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt (not pictured)
DIRECTIONS
1. Cut dried apricots into quarters, then add all nuts, fruits, and chips in a bowl.
2. Add seasoning, stir and taste. Add more of whatever your tastes prefer.
3. Serve and enjoy!


*Note* 
Feel free to try different nuts or fruits, add coconut, use dark chocolate chips, etc. I'm sure the end product will be delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment