Sunday, January 15, 2012

RECIPE: Frittata

Call me naive, but I had never had a frittata until a visit to Terri Geiser's home last November. It was filled with eggs and vegetables, was wonderfully delicious, and oozed healthiness! I didn't have many of the ingredients her recipe calls for (Terri's recipe) so I decided to wing it ... Again. I do that a lot! =)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 tablespoons Grapeseed Oil
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion 
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped roasted red pepper (See? A use for the one left over from last night's lasagna!) 
  • 2 cups finely chopped spinach
  • 1 chopped roma tomato (drained)
  • 6 beaten eggs 
  • 1 teaspoon dried or fresh herbs (I used Wildtree "Tuscany Bread Dipper Herb Blend" seasoning) 
  • Sea Salt
  • Fresh ground pepper
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat broiler. 
2. Warm grapeseed oil in an ovenproof pan and sauté onions until they begin to soften. (I used my large Stainless Steel Wok from World Market
3. Add peppers and sauté about a minute then add spinach.
4. Continue to sauté until spinach wilts then add tomatoes.
5. Add herbs, salt and pepper to taste. 
6. Pour in eggs, stir quickly then let cook until it just barely begins to set.
7. Put the frittata under a broiler until the top is golden and the eggs are cooked through, roughly 3–5 minutes.
 Remember the rosemary olive oil bread from the other day? Here it is toasted with a little butter ... YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment