Monday, January 30, 2012

RECIPE: Pumpkin Pie Clafoutis

One of my favorite things in the whole world is a really good pumpkin pie. Since I have only recently learned what a clafoutis is, I decided to try to combine the two goodnesses and see how it would turn out. I am SOOO glad I tried it ... I absolutely LOVE this recipe and will be using it again and again!
Pumpkin Pie Clafoutis
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup coconut oil (or 1/2 cup butter or ghee)
1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
1/2 cup honey
4 eggs
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup almond flour
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
(You may prefer less spices, but I prefer experiencing their flavors mixed with the pumpkin!)
 DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter, ghee, or coconut oil (whichever you use) in a small pot over low heat or in the microwave.
3. Blend together all ingredients. I use an immersion blender to make sure everything is well blended. Taste for sweetness and add more honey, if you feel it needs it.
 4. Pour into a well greased 8"X8" baking dish and bake for roughly 45 minutes - until center is set. 
 5. Allow clafoutis to cool before placing it in the refrigerator. It's tasty warm, but it is AMAZING cold!
 Pumpkin Pie Clafoutis is fantastic as part of breakfast or as dessert. I made this on Friday and it's almost gone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment