Wednesday, January 25, 2012

RECIPE: Fruity Power Smoothie

Smoothies are a great way to consume fruits and vegetables especially those of us with busy schedules. Imagine being able to get several servings of fruits, vegetables, and some serious protein while on the go. Folks, it's super simple and they taste great, too! Trust me  ... I had my doubts about putting avocados and spinach into a blender, but add the rest of the ingredients and you don't even know they are there! I am yet to taste the avocado. All it seems to do is add a wonderful creaminess to the smoothie. I assure you ... I would not blog about it if I wouldn't eat it myself! (And I'm pretty darned picky about stuff like this!)
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (vanilla)
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 banana
1 small peach
1 small apple (I used fuji)
1/2 avocado
2 cups spinach
6 - 8 ice cubes
 DIRECTIONS:
1. Put almond milk into blender followed by all remaining ingredients
2. Blend until smooth and creamy.
 3. Pour. Serve. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment