Monday, January 16, 2012

RECIPE: Roasted Butternut Squash

So I had about 2/3 of a butternut squash left after making the lasagna on Saturday and my Paleo project includes trying new recipes with foods and finding secondary uses for left overs. I found an interesting recipe that included a few items I didn't have, so I improvised. (Me? Alter? Improvise? Yep!!)
INGREDIENTS:
2/3 of a butternut squash - peeled, seeded and cut into bite sized cubes
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon agave
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel the butternut squash and remove seeds.
3. Slice, then cut into bite sized cubes.
4. In a seal-able plastic bag, mix olive oil, salt, pepper, cinnamon, allspice, thyme, and agave. Pour in squash, seal, and shake. This can be done in a bowl, as well. I used the bag because I had stored the leftover squash in it.
5. Place well coated squash cubes on a baking tray in a single layer.
6. Place on rack in the center of the oven for 30 minutes, or until pieces are tender.
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment