Sunday, January 22, 2012

RECIPE: Pina Colada Smoothie

I bought this beautiful pineapple at the market the other day. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. While I was cutting it to put it in the refrigerator it hit me. How about using it in a smoothie? Yep, that's what I'd do!
"Pina Colada" Smoothie
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup coconut milk
1 banana
1 tablespoon almond butter
pineapple (about the same amount as banana)
1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut (Not in photo ... afterthought ... sorry!)
6 - 8 ice cubes, if banana isn't frozen. Mine wasn't ... Never are.
DIRECTIONS: 
1. Cut fresh pineapple. Use approximately the same amount of pineapple as the size of the banana. Put the rest in an airtight container in the refrigerator to use later.
 2. Put coconut milk, banana, ice, almond butter, pineapple, and coconut in blender.
 3. Blend until all ingredients are smooth and creamy.
 4. Pour into your favorite smoothie glass and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment