Friday, January 20, 2012

RECIPE: Paleo Hot Chocolate

It's cold and rainy outside. Something we're not used to this winter in Northern California. I'm cold. I want something hot to drink. Something chocolaty. I go on the Internet in search of answers. Is it possible to make Paleo Hot Chocolate? I'm sure it is! I found this recipe - Paleo Hot Chocolate. It looked pretty good, but I'm used to a sweeter version of hot chocolate. So, I decided to tweak it a bit. Here's what I came up with.

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
1 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 - 2 teaspoons organic Agave (to taste)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine coconut milk, water, cinnamon and cocoa powder - stirring well.
2. Microwave for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in vanilla and a teaspoon agave.
4. Taste. Adjust sweetness as desired.
(I almost forgot to take a picture of the finished product! Here it is after I've tasted it several times! Good stuff!)

No comments:

Post a Comment